Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Crazy Cat Lady

Yesterday, I made some mango curd (just call me Martha Stewart).

To make mango curd, you have to puree mango (I would say 'duh' but that might make me seem a little obnoxious, since I don't think mango curd is on everyone's list of things-to-do....wait, did saying that just make me sound obnoxious?).

Anyway, I used frozen mango chunks to make the puree, so I basically ended up with mango sorbet. I only needed half of what I made, so I sat on the couch, half-watching Josh play COD (just shoot me), and eating mango sorbet straight out of the food processor, with a big wooden spoon.

Attractive, eh?

Well, at this point I should tell you that Rufus (the cat) loves loves LOVES anything fruity and cold. Fruit cups, pineapple, popsicles, yogurt - anything fruity and tart is a win with him. So, he comes running over to me when he senses what I'm eating.

So I do what any normal cat lady would do...

...I shared my sorbet with him. One spoonful for me, one spoonful for him, and on and on til it was gone.

If it makes it any better, I didn't lick the spoon in the same spot where he licked...

(yes, I know it's not really better, but please humor me so I don't feel completely loser-ish)

No comments:

Post a Comment