Friday, February 10, 2012

Product Review - Koff'e

Well hello again. Keeping in line with my previous post (the Greek restaurant review), I decided to do a review on something I purchased recently. And, seeing as how it's poker night at my house, I have nothing better to do than to play online on a Friday night (I don't get to play poker with the boys, but I do get to cook their food :/ ).

Disclaimer: I'm pretty awesome, so I tend to like pretty awesome things. You have been warned.

I'm a sucker for a good deal. Now, I'm not a crazy couponer or anything. I'm way too lazy for that. BUT, I do love stuff like Groupon & LivingSocial. A few months ago, I found a site called Groopdealz. It's sort of like a Groupon, but for handmade, artsy-fartsy items (like what you would find on Etsy). Mostly it's jewelry, and other accessories. But, one time I found a deal for a 4-pack of Koff'e Body Treats products.

I had never heard of the company before, but I love trying new beauty products. The 4-pack included a solid lotion bar, a bath melt, a "pure luxury bar" (basically a bar of soap), and "lip butter" (came in a tube like chap stick).

The solid lotion bar was good. I picked the "cocoa mango" scent. The fragrance wasn't too strong, and it does a pretty good job moisturizing. I've had other solid lotion bars before, and honestly, they all do pretty much the same job. I've never thought of any of them as, "OHMYGOD THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING LOTION BAR EVER!!!". But, this brand was good.

The bath melt is the size of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I haven't tried it yet (I guess I should have, before I wrote this review...I just don't take that many baths).

The "Pure Luxury Bar" was AWESOME! Although, I'm just going to refer to it as "soap" from now on. The other name was just too long. I got the "Honey n Oats" scent. It has a layer of oats on the outside, for exfoliation. The thing smelled EXACTLY like an oatmeal cookie. It didn't give a lot of suds, but it was definitely creamy, and soothing (that sounded dirty). I have dry, itchy winter skin, and it really did a good job with moisturizing.

Now, the best part. The lip butter. I got the "Honey Child" flavor. This was seriously the best lip balm I have EVER used. And, I don't even LIKE lip balm. I use lip stain just so I don't have to feel the stickiness of lip stick. This "lip butter" keeps my lips soft & moisturized for what feels like forever. Plus, I've used it at least every other day for maybe two months (if not more) and I've only used maybe 1/4 of the tube. I am totally going to buy this lip butter all the time, now.

Seriously. Go to the Koff'e website, and buy some lip butter. Do it now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment