Thursday, November 8, 2012

Naughty and Nice

My cat, Rufus, can be a little shit sometimes.

He is constantly trying (and sometimes succeeding) to rip off large sections of the wallpaper in our house. I try spraying our walls with this 'keep off' spray (which makes the house smell lovely, by the way), but every time I forget - I wake up to a new chunk of wallpaper on the floor.

Every night, when I let the dog out for her last bathroom break before bed, he will hide behind the door. As soon as the dog comes back in, and I close the door behind her, here comes Rufus and his sneak attack. He leaps out from behind the door, and grabs her around her chest & legs. He doesn't hurt her, but he always catches her off guard.

If I have any paper out in his vicinity, it's his duty to chew on it, and leave teeth marks all over.

He does little smarmy things like that all the time.

However, in general, he's a real sweetheart. He's not super cuddly, unless it's kneading-time. But, he has to be in the same room as us at all times. No closed doors allowed, according to him! Those traits are really typical of a Maine Coon, also.

The latest cute thing he did...

Josh has been gone for business for a couple weeks now (and a lot more weeks to go...ugh). We were Skyping, and the cat was rubbing all over my feet (remember my post from awhile back about Rufus' obsession with feet?)

Anywho, as I'm talking to Josh, I tell him that Rufus is there, rubbing my feet. Sooo, I point the laptop at the cat, so Josh can see him. Josh then starts whistling. Rufus LOVES LOVES LOVES when people whistle. Whistle a few bars in my house, and the cat will literally run to you, and start rubbing all over you.

(Josh and Rufus are also buddies. They have a morning bathroom ritual - Rufus will bang on the bathroom door while Josh is getting ready for work, until Josh opens the door and lets him in. He'll then sit at Josh's feet, and rub and purr the entire time Josh is getting ready.)

So, Josh starts whistling to Rufus, while I have the computer pointed at the cat. The cat perks up, and runs over to the laptop. I know cats eyes don't work the same as human eyes, so I'm not going to pretend that the cat was able to actually see Josh in the computer, and understand fully what was happening.

So anyway, Rufus comes running over to the computer as Josh starts whistling. He then proceeds to rub his face ALL OVER the edges of the laptop, purring loudly.

I think Rufus may miss Josh as much as Sasha and I miss him.




No comments:

Post a Comment