Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Anniversary to us!

Not the relationship anniversary.

Josh and I have been in Germany for one year now!!

Ok, technically yesterday was our anniversary, but I was busy blogging about other stuff (which I have yet to post). Then, we went out to the Belgian bar on base last night with the new kid in school, and went out to eat at a local Irish pub. So, like I said, I was busy yesterday.

Anywho, yes, Josh and I have lived in Germany for a year. I honestly can't believe it's been that long. I know we've done a lot this past year (well, minus the few months I was bed-ridden do to the Great Ankle Catastrophe of 2011). But, I now have this slightly panicky feeling that we're just not going to be able to fit it all in before we have to move again. I LOVE being here, and there are so many things to do. There is so much traveling we want to do. We just can't do it all!

Another thing - we're running out of driveable vacations. We're going to have to start taking RyanAir flights to other destinations (Italy, Spain, Poland, Denmark, etc.). Ugh, I hate flying. Not enough to make me not fly. Just enough to make the experience almost heart-attack inducing.

This past year, we've lived in 7 different places (a few of those for just a few days at a time), and been in 6 or 7 different countries. We've made so many more friends here than we ever did in Dayton, and we have become way healthier and happier since being here.

There are so many things I still want to do here. I just have to find a way to make them all happen.

Oh, and we STILL need our family/friends to come visit us!!! Hurry up, people, the clock's ticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment