Monday, March 19, 2012

Ewwwwwww

I was cleaning out Rufus' litter box today.

I swear, that cat's favorite pastime is pooping.

Anyway, if you have a cat, then you know that litter box cleaning is not the most fun thing ever, but a definite daily necessity. You'll also know that kitty litter tends to release powder into the air, and you can almost taste it as you're scooping.

Yeah, that's gross, but that's not what my post is about.

I'm doing the litter, and all of a sudden, I feel a hard piece of sand in my mouth.

OH MY GOD, I ACCIDENTALLY FLICKED A DIRTY PIECE OF KITTY LITTER INTO MY OPEN MOUTH (my mouth is open to prevent me from smelling Rufus poo)!!!!

THE HORROR!

I immediately spit on the floor. I could have been a little more lady-like, and run to the bathroom to spit in the sink.

But, I was too busy being horrified at the thought that I just had a Rufus kernel in my mouth.

It's then that I look at my big puddle of spit on the ground.

It's also then that I remembered I ate raspberry jam on toast for breakfast. It was just a raspberry seed that was dislodged from between my teeth.

I've never been so relieved in my life.

1 comment: