Thursday, March 17, 2011

The 2nd Day

Even though we went to bed at 10:30 last night - which was definitely a struggle - I slept til 10:30 this morning. Oops. Today was Josh's meet-and-greet with his coworkers. I hung out in the room and got everything unpacked and put away, did some laundry. Pretty boring all-in-all. Another cool thing about our apartment is that we get daily maid service. So I took the dog and went to the dog park while they cleaned. Such a hard day of work. ;) Josh came home early and we took the dog on a walk. It will kind of suck not having a car for awhile, but on the other hand, it will be really great for us to have to walk everywhere. I'm going to have to walk to the grocery store probably every day or so, but I'm kind of glad for that.
Tomorrow we have all kinds of stuff planned - getting my ID cards, going to look for a car at the lemon lot, etc. Hopefully we'll get a car soon, because I am going stir crazy here. I want to go explore Germany!!!! First things first, though - I have to get Sasha used to being alone in the apartment. She's not so good with new places. Even though we kennel her, she will bark her head off. Hopefully she'll get used to this apartment quick, because I want out!!!
I'm going to try and take pictures of our surroundings tomorrow, just so people can see what our life is like right now. I'm happy to be here, but ready to get settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment