Friday, March 25, 2011

Updates

So my 2nd driver's test was a huge success. I got a 98. And it REALLY ticks me off that I don't know which two questions I missed. Plus, it makes me feel even more horribly embarrassed that I was such a retard the first go-round. Obviously I'm completely capable of smoking the test. But DAMN, why couldn't I have done it the FIRST time???

Josh and I had to give up the SmartCar yesterday. We only had it for a week, and it cost us $250 just for that week, which is really expensive. We found a rental place actually in Ramstein, and they were much cheaper. So, we went ahead and rented it for a month. Josh's car won't come in til mid-April, and we had to have a car now. We will be buying another car soon, but because we've rented this one for a month, we won't rush in to buying the first POS that we find. The downside of our new rental - it's standard. Which I don't know how to drive. Granted, the SmartCar was only semi-automatic, and I did okay with that. But I do not want to start learning a manual on foreign roads. Good Lord, who knows what kind of a disaster that would be. For those of you who know me, you know I'm quite.....disaster-prone.

Josh and I are meeting with the Landlord of the house we want this Saturday. He told us to bring a contract, just in case (the military has their own renter's contract, so we can get reimbursed). So, that's a good sign. If we get the house, believe me, I will bombard everyone with pictures. It's like a B&B on the hillside. I don't want to talk about it too much and jinx it, though. But I will say this - it's 8 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, a finished basement, and two stories, with glass window-walls all along two sides of the house. Awesome.

We also got our library cards, which allows us access to Rosetta Stone, and Mango (which is like Rosetta, only it's streaming, not a download). We get to access it from our home computer, which is awesome. We started our lessons yesterday, and we've learned quite a few words. My favorite sentence I've learned thus far: Schones Wetta heute, nicht vah? (not quite sure of the spelling, but I think that's close). It means, "Beautiful weather today, isn't it?" Heehee!! Although, anyone out there know how I can type the umlaut above a letter? I can't figure it out.

Anyway, I promise I'll take more pictures this weekend. It's been gorgeous outside, and should be all weekend. I think we'll try to find a castle or two to explore. ;)

2 comments:

  1. If you're on a mac, type alt+u then hit u. üüüüüüü also, the letter 'ß' (which is german, I believe) is alt+s ßßßßß

    ReplyDelete
  2. üäö ßßßßßß

    awesome. and yes, ß is german. i forget the name of it, but it makes a "ss" sound.

    ReplyDelete