Monday, March 21, 2011

A Shot of Depression (with a Ray of Hope chaser)

Well....the unthinkable happened today.....

I failed my driver's test.

So deflating. Although, to be fair, I only read thru the material once last night. I know how to friggin' drive, and I know what most of the signs mean. I blame the wording of the test entirely.

Ok, not really, but I feel like I need to be able to blame someone other than myself. Damnation. At least I wasn't the only person to fail the test today. Of course, Josh passed with flying colors. But that's just because he's Rainman when it comes to test taking. Ask him next week to take the test, and I'm sure I'll blow him out of the water. ;)

Seriously, that was such a depressing moment. I didn't even think I did THAT bad. It was 100 questions, and you had to make an 85 to pass. I don't know how many I missed, but obviously it's more than 15. I think a lot of it was questions about meters. There were a bunch of parking questions with multiple choice answers of 5 meters, 15 meters, 50 meters. It threw me.

So - my next test is on Thursday. I WILL pass that test!!!!

Now for the ray of hope:
We looked at our first house today. I don't want to say too much about it, but it's AMAZING!!! The only downside is it's out in the boonies, about 25 minutes from base. But it would be the ultimate German experience. I guess we'll find out tomorrow whether or not the landlord wants to work with us (there are 9 more people looking at the house tomorrow).

On that note, my deflated self is going to have a glass of wine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment