Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Update with Seth Meyers

Saturday was a busy day for Ankle du Aycock.

Josh and I and the dog went for an actual walk. There are walking trails all over around here. We let Sasha off the leash, and she had a ball. But apparently ticks are a big deal here, because I ended up picking two off of her later. Ew. Ticks are gross, but most gross stuff doesn't really bother me. Let me rephrase - if it's gross and comes from a family member or myself, it doesn't bother me. I can clean up Sasha or Rufus vom without batting an eye, but I certainly will not help you clean up after your pet. The Mister, however, is a different story. He takes one look at the tick on Sasha, and nearly pukes all over the living room. He can't even clean crusty food off of dirty dishes without gagging. I have a bad habit of picking at my fingernails (only in the event of a hangnail or jagged edge) and that is enough to send Josh into a fit of dry heaves. I don't know how we're ever going to have children together.

Yes I do, he's going to make me do all the gross stuff, while he gets to do all of the super fun/cute stuff. Reason #283 why we don't have children yet.

But I digress. Again.

After the walk, we went to our new house. We don't move in until July 1st (holycrapimsoreadytogorightnow) but I had never seen the inside of the house yet. That sucker is HUGE! 2700 square feet of Aycock Fun. It'll be awesome. It's 3 stories, which means a whole lot of stairs for the ankle-impaired. After the morning's walk and then the afternoon stair-master challenge, I was donesky. We were planning on going to a Medieval Festival at a castle on Sunday, but my appendages had other plans. Namely, sitting around watching movies. But that's ok, because we'll have plenty of chances for fun while living here.

That is, if I can remember that 28 isn't old.

No comments:

Post a Comment