Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ouch

No comprendo el insurance-o.

Isn't the whole point of insurance to help you take care of medical situations, especially emergency medical situations??

No no no no no, this post will NOT turn political, nor do I want comments on how it's the fault of this or that politician. I don't understand the whole healthcare thing, and I bet dollars to doughnuts you don't either. Besides, I'm a hippy. Chances are, my political beliefs are way different than normal people. (Yes, I'm the first to admit I am not a normal person)

ANYWAY, I finally got the bill for my night in the ER. JUST the bill for the initial injury - nothing to do with the surgery, follow-ups, whatevs. The bill was $1800. Ok, that's fine, I get it. It was an ER visit, with x-rays, and several assistants holding me down while 15 doctors tried to put the pieces to my ankle puzzle back together. I understand the $1800. But you know what I don't get?

Guess how much of that bill our insurance paid for?

$10.00

Ten flippin' dollars.

¿Que?

No comments:

Post a Comment